Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Genre Writing


Our latest project in class is to write something in a different genre. My genre is children's books, and I'm actually excited to write one! I went to Waldo Library the other day to get a few examples of children's stories. I got the books Harold and the Purple Crayon (a Classic), Olivia the Pig, and Bella and Bean. I tried to chose books that had a little variety, I didn't want to get all Dr. Seuss, for example, because I didn't think that would give me enough variety. There were tons of books to choose from, and I could have spent much longer in there than I did! I didn't even know that a campus library would have children's books, but they have a great selection for kids to go and look through.
I think I chose a genre that will be easy for me to write, because I like children's books. My mom always used to read to me and my siblings, and I think it absolutely had a positive effect on us. I think it made us all better readers and writers because she spent so much time reading with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment