Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Crochet like Crazy!

I have a new obsession. I love to crochet.
I've been spending almost all my free time making scarves and hats and now I am starting a light blue fuzzy blanket. My Grandma taught me how to do a few different stitches, my personal favorite is the double crochet. This stitch works for basically any project you could try to attempt. More basic stitches are the single and triple crochets. I also learned how to make a wave pattern and made a small blanket using that.
The best kinds of yarn to use are the thicker ones, or at least thats my preference. They are also going to be warmer if you make a hat/scarf/etc. The reason it is easier to crochet with thicker yarns is because then you are less likely to split the yarn.
I also learned how to make a crochet flower via youtube. If you are looking to start up crocheting or knitting, check out youtube! There are excellent videos that take you step by step through the motions of even basic stitches for beginners. It is a great way to pick up a new hobby. The flower turned out very well and I attached it to a blue and beige headband I made.
I'm making most of these for gifts, and I know everyone will love them because they are home-made.

No comments:

Post a Comment