Sunday, November 4, 2012

AWE

Alternate Winter Experience (AWE) is an organization at WMU that takes students on volunteer trips around America to help out different causes. The trip opportunities range from animals, children, elderly, refugees, disaster relief, and terminal illness patients to name a few. I just had a meeting today where I found out what trip I was going on, where that trip would be going, and who would be in my group. My group is going to Athens, Georgia to work with the elderly. I can't wait! As a CNA I love working with elderly people, and the temperatures in Georgia should be a nice change from December in Michigan. Each group goes somewhere else, and they rent vans with stow-and-go storage underneath. We will take turns driving the 13 hours to Athens, and we will be staying at a church. Because we are being generously housed in a church, my group is all girls. There will be six of us total, including our two group leaders. I can't wait to go and make a difference! Especially since it is the week before Christmas. What better way to spread Holiday spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment