Thursday, October 4, 2012

Carrie-Not-So-Scary

I had no idea that in class we would be watching a movie! I thought movie days in class would end with high school. I was excited to watch a movie in class. But, I was not thrilled when I found out it was technically a "horror" story, because I usually try to avoid scary movies at all cost! I was nervous for it to start, I didn't want to be afraid of a movie in front of my entire class. However, as soon as it started, I quickly realized it is not your typical scary movie. While I have to admit there were some very creepy scenes, it was nothing I couldn't handle. The worst part was the last few minutes of the film, up until then it was just about a Matilda-like girl being bullied at school.
The ending though, was kind of just weird. The mother in this movie was by far the most outrageous character, and it makes you feel bad for Carrie that she has to live like that. If she had been born into a normal family, I bet things would have been very different. I also don't think the high school girls were very realistic. Just because you didn't like someone, would you really try to run them over with a car? I don't think so.
The movie is from the 70's, and you can tell based on the clothing and video quality. If they re-made this movie with todays technology, I think they could make it 100 times scarier, easily. (But then I would DEFINITELY never watch it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment